LaCie 4TB CloudBox NAS: Access for Family. Sharing with Friends. Design by Neil Poulton
- Simple install: one plug, one click
- Easily share files with family and friends
- Access files from anywhere, on any device
- Keep your files safe - at home and on the go
- Design by Neil Poulton
The LaCie CloudBox keeps you connected to your world. All your music, movies, photos, and more, accessible on all your devices, and easily shareable with your family and friends.
Keep all the files spread across your home computers in one place. Mom's photos, dad's music, the kids' movies - all on the LaCie CloudBox.
Share With Family
File sharing at home has never been so easy. Store files in the Family folder for shared family access, or create Private folders for personal or limited access to private files.
The Family Folder: Share photos, videos, music, and other content with anyone in the home simply by dropping the files into the pre-created Family folder on the LaCie Cloudbox.
Private Folders: Keep financial documents and other important data private by creating your own Private folder linked to your user account. Even grant access to other users.
Share With Friends
Sharing happens outside the home, too. Send friends and relatives files with secure download links or by sharing folders in the cloud.
- Secure Download Links: Send a secure download link to share photos with relatives and out-of-town friends without the vulnerability and size limits of sending them via email.
- Desktop & Mobile Apps: Grant access to folders stored in your cloud. All your friends and family need to do is download the desktop or mobile app.
Connect At Home
Enjoy your music, photos, and files from any screen or network-connected device in the house.
- Any Mac® or PC: Access the photo album you created on the PC in the den from your laptop at the kitchen table. Once files are moved over to the LaCie CloudBox, they go where you go.
- Network-Connected TVs: Browse your digital movie library from the best seat in the house - the couch in your living room. The LaCie CloudBox connects to network-connected TVs, and other devices such as the Playstation®3 and Xbox 360®.
- iTunes®: Save space on your computer's hard drive and stream your music library stored on the LaCie CloudBox directly from iTunes on your Mac or PC.
With the LaCie CloudBox, your music, movies, photos, and other documents go where you go. All you need is a device that's connected to the web.
- Any Mac® or PC: You may be away from your home, but you can still access contents from your LaCie CloudBox from an easy-to-use desktop application - from any PC or Mac connected to the web.
- Smart Phone or Tablet: Download the mobile app to access and enjoy all your music, movies, photos and more directly from iPhone®. Android® users have the same access via a web browser.
Automatically protect your data at home from accidental loss. Even files on your laptop are safe on-the-go.
- At Home: Set up your Mac or PC to automatically back up files to the LaCie CloudBox using Time Machine™ or LaCie Backup Assistant.
- On-The-Go: The LaCie CloudBox comes with 10GB of Wuala Secure Cloud Storage to back up your laptop while on the go. Even back up data stored on your LaCie CloudBox onto the Wuala cloud for easy, anywhere access.
- Capacity : 4TB
- Interface : 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Network-Attached Storage)
- Performance : Up to 60MB/s (1GHz processor, 256MB RAM)
- Compatibility : Stream content with Xbox 360®, Playstation®3, network-connected TV, PC/Mac®, tablet, smart phone running iOS® or Android®
- Privacy : Up to 10 users with passwords & private folders
- Backup : Backup PC & Mac (software included), Time Machine™, Windows backup, NAS-to-NAS, cloud
- Multimedia : iTunes® and Windows® Media Server
- Cloud Access : LaCie MyNAS remote access via mobile, tablet, or PC/Mac / Wuala: Share with friends, sync files
- Eco-friendly : Silent operation (fanless), energy-saving (Eco Mode)*
- Up/Download : Torrent server, FTP, HTTP
- Dimensions : 117 x 193 x 45 mm / 4.6 x 7.6 x 1.8 in.
- Weight : 950 g / 33.5 oz.
- Latest version of Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 / Linux 2.6
- Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- Wi-Fi-enabled 10/100/1Gb Ethernet switch or router
- Internet access: Internet Explorer® 7, 8, 9, Firefox® 3.0, Safari® 3.0, or Chrome 2.0 or higher
- LaCie CloudBox
- Ethernet cable
- Quick Install Guide
- Power supply
- Software Suite: LaCie Backup Assistant, 10GB Wuala Secure Online Storage (1 year included)