Consent and Choice
If you choose not to register or not provide personal information, you may still visit the BT Shop website but you will not be able to access the restricted areas available to registered users. By completing the registration process, you accept the Terms and Conditions described and consent to our using your information accordingly.
Out of stock items on BT Shop
We want you to be able to find out about our products at all times, even if they are out of stock. On the rare occasion that a product is showing on our website as 'none in stock', you'll still be able to read about it on our website. Should you decide to order a 'none in stock' item, we will do our utmost to source goods to fulfil your order in the shortest possible time. In most cases, the turn around time to fulfil a 'none in stock' order is 3-5 days, though please be aware this can sometimes be longer if goods are hard to source or 'in constraint'.
How to order from the BT Shop
To place an order online, please follow the simple steps as detailed below:
- To buy any given product or service featured on the BT Shop website (all prices are shown inclusive of VAT), please amend the quantity in line with your requirements then click on the 'Add to Basket' icon.
- You can add multiple product lines to your basket, amend quantities or remove product lines altogether at any time.
- To checkout, click the 'go to checkout' button in your shopping basket.
- Returning customers will firstly be asked to log in now. New customers should choose the 'New Customers' option. Please follow the online instructions for opening a new account.
- Once logged in/opened a new account, you can proceed to the checkout where your order will be summarized in full.
- Here you can determine the delivery address you require, choose a delivery service, determine your payment details and add a friendly reference to your order 'example: Dad's Birthday Present'. If you are a member of a discount scheme, the saving you have made will be summarized. Delivery charges are detailed in full.
- If you need to change any elements of your order, you can do so.
- If you have vouchers available to spend which can be redeemed against your order, the details will be presented. If you wish to redeem a voucher, you must specifically select it here. The voucher value will be deducted from your total order value and you need only pay the balance shown on screen.
- Once you are happy with all of the details, and you wish to proceed, click the 'place order' button. IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you click this button your order will be placed. Please do not proceed unless you are sure you wish to place your order.
- If you are a member of a payment security scheme (Verified by Visa or MasterCard Securecode) you will now be asked for your special password.
- Your order is now placed. Please review your order confirmation and make a note of your order number for future reference.
- You can view, edit or cancel orders via 'My Account'.
- BT Shop will send you an order acknowledgement via email. Only when we confirm our acceptance of your order in writing will a contract exist between us. If we do not accept your order, we will of course refund any payment taken from your debit or credit card.
Returning Goods or Cancelling an Order
All BT products come with a 12 month warranty. Should you need to return BT products to us, or indeed any other manufacturer's products purchased from the BT Shop, please click here for advice on returning goods. If goods are faulty within their warranty period and are replaced, then the warranty of the replacement product dates from the invoice date of the original purchase.
Changes to Services
BT reserves the right at any time and from time to time, to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part of it) and/or the information, materials, products and/or services (or any part of them) available through the Site with or without notice. This will not affect any order which has already been accepted by us.
The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights as applicable and is provided solely for your own use. Republication or redistribution of any of the content available on the Site including by framing or similar means is prohibited.
Prevention of Fraud
To help us prevent fraud, please be aware that we may make searches about you at credit reference agencies for the purpose of verifying your identity. These agencies will supply us with information, including information from the Electoral Register. The fact that we have requested an identity check is recorded by these agencies, though be assured that the searches will not be seen, or used by lenders to assess your ability to obtain credit.
BT will be liable if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence. We do not limit that liability by these Terms any other way. We have no liability (whether in negligence or otherwise) for any loss not reasonably foreseeable by us nor any loss of opportunity, goodwill, reputation, business, revenue, profit, or savings you expected to make, wasted expenditure or data being lost or corrupted. Any liability we have of any sort (including liability for negligence) is limited to £250,000 for any event or related series of events and £500,000 for all events in any 12 month period. BT excludes all liability of any kind (including negligence) in respect of any third party information or other material made available on, or which can be accessed using, the Site. This does not in any way affect your statutory rights.
These Conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English Law and any disputes relating to these Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The BT Shop website is not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 12 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
VAT registration number
BT's VAT registration number is GB 245 7193 48.